Sunday, February 12, 2012

World Music Fashion Festival Launch Party Featuring OR by Angela Chen

Though I haven't posted in a while (*gasp) I'm back with a fun-filled, eventful post! This past Friday I had the opportunity to go to the 2011 World Music Fashion Festival Launch Party with my girls Kerri, Emi, Jordana and Karra, and our plus ones.

The 2011 World Music Fashion Festival is a showcase for musicians and fashion designers from Canada, Europe and the United States. The event provides a platform for western talent to develop connections with the Chinese music and fashion industry and gain international brand exposure, starting with their tour in Shanghai. This event was only made possible by Empress Communications, a PR and event management firm that acts as a bridge for companies wishing to enter the Chinese and Canadian market.

The launch party coincided with the grand opening of 0755 Restaurant & Lounge, and featured a fashion show exhibiting clothing pieces from OR by Angela Chen. The fashion show was the main reason I was there, but the free appetizers and drinks also helped ;)

Here are some snapshots taken the night of the party:











The Ladies

The Boys
I played around with these photos using some new Adobe Camera Raw presets I got from MCP Actions and I'm liking them so far! You can also get your own free set of Mini Quick Clicks by liking their FB page here.

We had to wait quite a while for the fashion show to start, but when the models came out, I was absolutely smitten with the OR line. Angela Chen did good. Her Fall 2011 line was filled with a mix of tulle and crochet, and I could see myself in every single piece of her collection.

I wasn't able to get many good photos, so here are some of same pieces we saw from Angela Chen's website. You can also see some snapshots on Emi's post.





Some pieces on the OR by Angela Chen website are 70% off now, so rest assured I'm going to be checking that out ;)

After the show, we headed out to eat and sing our hearts out, as seen on Emi's post once again. I'm probably going to go the same restaurant again since Valentine's day is just around the corner!

It's safe to say that this weekend rocked. Great company, great event, great fun :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing event! The restaurant looks so beautiful - I can't wait to pay a visit.

    You three ladies look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already posted on Kerri's blog but you guys looked absolutely stunning! Looks like you had a lot of fun :) Who was the band who played? A coworker of mine who'd getting married is looking for a band. And also, I just wanted to say thank you for the Pinterest code, I just put in on my page, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies look gorgeous. What a lovely evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, I really have no idea who the band was LOL. Sorry~


    Have you noticed at the end of the code that the little quick tools icon shows up? I have no idea how to get rid of it :( I see it on yours too (you have to be a public viewer to see it because it'll be there either way if you're logged in)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the tulle and crochet mixes together unexpectedly! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great event!  It's clear you all had fun--and you all looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great event! nice photos!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin the pics! Looks like an amazing event with fun people, good food, great atmosphere.  And you look lovely.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new photo effects, Vonnie! Funny, I was going to attend this event too but was just so exhausted from a crazy work week. Would have been nice to see you girls there!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I was trying to get rid of it, it involved a lot of logging in and out lol. I eventually just gave up but honestly I didn't even notice the icon on your page until you said it so maybe it's the same for other visitors to our blog :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!