Sunday, January 8, 2012

Electric Blue Faux-Leather Shorts

Just the other day I was thinking I should get some high waisted shorts. When I went to H&M to return some things, I spotted these electric blue ones! If I'm gonna get some high waited shorts, why not go all out and get some faux-leather electric blue ones? I love that they're so different. I wore the shorts to my friend's party this weekend and a couple people started petting them cuz they're really soft!

H&M fur vest; Urban Behaviour sleeveless cardigan (old); F21 tank (old);  Anna Sui tights;
H&M electric blue faux-leather shorts (similar); Qupid 'Revive' boots (here, similar)

For some reason, these shorts fit really small. I'm usually a 4 in H&M bottoms (36" hips), but I had to go up to a size 6 in these. The size 4 was really tight around my bum and nobody likes shorts too tight ;) The size 6 was kinda gapey at the waist, but I fixed that with a simple belt. If you want these shorts, I suggest you size up :) Also, since they're not on the H&M website, the price was $29.95 and they are part of the Divided section. With the $10 coupon it's quite affordable.

I paired it with my faux-fur vest to give the texture some contrast :) The electric yellow vest is actually a sleeveless cardigan that I tucked in. It's long, but I like that it sticks out on the bottom. It reminds me of those jean shorts with the oversized pockets.






Closeup

Note to self: Don't have Korean BBQ when you wear faux-fur. The smell won't come out for days! XD

24 comments:

  1. well done. and love the way your shirt seeps through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought those were pockets at first! I really like the electric blue and yellow combo... those shorts definitely make a statement :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shorts looks good on you. Followed you! Hope to hear from you as well :)

    vinayabut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there ! These shorts are so different and cute compared to the everyday black ones.
    Love the colour blocking yellow on blue :)

    www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute boots! haha I agree, Korean BBQ really gets into your clothes. Soo yummy though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! such fun party shorts! I love the pop of yellow from your cardigan too! Also, I'm the other half of the 7% Muse vlog, and I thought I'd let you know that we actually both do watch Sherlock! It's amazing amazing amazing! Benedict Cumberbatch is the freaking best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea that you did with the cardigan - I like how it peeks out too!  Good for you for daring to buy such a unique item.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! The blue shorts are really nice~

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!  I like how you've styled these shorts - they're a great, colorful winter staple when worn with tights!  

    http://acleanercloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice and original look!
    Love your shorts, great color combination!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. In love with the colours!

    www.viewfromheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT BLUE LEATHER SHORTS?!?! Want want want!!! I really need to get my butt into H&M, I have a gift card waiting for me to use! I love that you paired it up with the yellow blouse and had it peeking out from the bottom like if they were pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waw, gorgeous! Love the blue-yellow combo, great! But I think it looks better without the faux-fur (: 

    I like your blog!

    Xo, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Illluuuuussssioooon! *twilight zone music* :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vina! I love your blog title, SO PUNNY! Definitely merits a follow :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. INORITE? Same with teppanyaki! So goood but sooo smelly lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo I hope they don't stop Sherlock like last season... only 3 eps AND the last one a super suspenseful cliff-hanger. What's up with that!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I KNOW RIGHT!? Definite statement piece! :) H&M has lots of good stuff lately, I'm so surprised! Thanks for the compliment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks! Yah, I was wondering if I should do the fur or not, but what's done is done. Always welcome constructive feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The electric blue really pops. it was  good choice.  The issue about the sizing reminds of a story about something really dumb I did when my wife and I were dating.  I've been meaning to post it--but maybe I keep forgetting because it makes me look so dumb. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!