Tuesday, January 17, 2012

School Girl Cardigan

Remember last year when school boy cardigans were so in? Well I never ever thought of jumping into that fad because 1) I wore the same one as part of my high school uniform everyday, and 2) I had one already so I didn't need to go and buy a 'mock' one.

The trend has since died so I decided to finally wear mine out! My old high school cardigan that is. Usually people hate their uniforms in high school, but I for one really like the school girl look. Maybe it's because I watch too much Japanese anime.

Anyway, this cardigan features a white base and maroon accents (our school colours), has my graduation year on my left arm and my name on my right arm. The school name is monogrammed on the left where a breast pocket would be if it existed, lol. I guess for my readers in Vancouver, now you know what high school I went to, lol.

High school cardigan; Seductions longsleeve; Zara high-waisted skinnies (here);
H&M braided belt (similar); Aldo 'Falge' oxfords (here)

My bf has nagged me to wear my school cardigan for a while, but that's because he has school girl fantasies. LOL. Just kidding. Am I? Haha. But maybe I satisfied a bit of that delusion because he helped me take pictures again. Haha!

I really like this pic even though it's blurry

Note the stripes across my huge bulging biceps- not.


I felt the oxfords were quite fitting of the scholarly theme



Oh, did I tell you it snowed this past weekend? Our first snowfall of the season~ Now it's super cold and I can't go anywhere without my parka. Brrrr.

Talula Babaton parka (old... 5 years?) (similar TNA parka)

26 comments:

  1. Funny. I never really got into the school boy cardigan look. But it's super cute. I do like cards a lot.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I never really got into the school boy cardigan look. But it's super cute. I do like cards a lot.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. I never really got into the school boy cardigan look. But it's super cute. I do like cards a lot.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny. I never really got into the school boy cardigan look. But it's super cute. I do like cards a lot.



    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I think I know which high school you went to! :p I really love the colour combo of the cardy though... even better that it's "authentic"!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats such a cute cardigan! i guess i totally missed the trend tho hahaha i like the style, kinda want one now XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I found your blog at kimonosnack,like it and if you like mine we can follow each other :)

    http://www.embraceoffashion.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try school cardigan!
    you are so cuuuuute!!!

    akiko in Tokyo
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think the oversized cardigan looks fabulous on you! Although admittedly, you have a great body so you shouldn't cover it up!! btw thanks for the comment!



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, I love cardigans, and this one is just deee-vine! :)


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the bf blazer :D never was into the bf cardigan but anyways~
    I never had to wear schooluniforms, but I woudn't mind to wear it. Some looks
    really cute ^^
    Anyway, you look pretty!

    xx http://icepandora.blogspto.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the 5th pic--it looks like you just playfully kicked something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol my high school cardi was black with red stripes and I vowed to never ever buy a black v-neck cardi with stripes just because it would remind me of my school uniform.
    At least yours is cute xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I LOVE this outfit. I love your pants and your cardigan - totally up my street!

    xx
    Alda
    http://aldasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I LOVE this outfit. I love your pants and your cardigan - totally up my street!xxAldahttp://aldasworld.blogspot.com...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I skillfully hid the monogram in most of my shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, trends are always better when you wear them off-trend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, there are times to cover and there are times to show off. With this insanely cold weather we're having it's too cold not to cover up! :) Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaa, maybe I did ;)

    Still can't get your name working? I've signed in to each profile to test it and it's working fine for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Black and red?? That's horrible :( Pics plz :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so great in your cardigan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!