Friday, January 20, 2012

My Kisslock Story

I actually have quite the history with kisslock bags. 5 years ago, I was on the bus, and I noticed this girl get onto the bus with a GIANT kisslock shoulder bag. I fell in love. I was way in the back of one of those long accordian buses, and she was all the way in the front. Figures, right? I was determined to find out where she had gotten that bag, so I got up and walked up to her and nonchalantly told her I love her bag. When I asked her where she got it, the answer I most feared came out of her lips, "I got it in Hong Kong".

Ellison 'Sleek & Chic' blouse (here); Alexander McQueen silk scarf (similar); H&M braided belt (similar);
Zara 'Cool Wool' waistcoat (here); MANGO khaki slim jims (similar); Wholesale7 kisslock bag (here)
Vince Camuto 'Braden' boots (on sale! here);

Nuuuuuuuuuuu!~, I screamed inside. I was devastated. I thanked her and slumped back to my loner seat at the back of the bus and sulked. This always happens to me- when I ask people where they got something, it's always somewhere foreign and unattainable.

The next 5 years, I've been looking left, right, and centre for a kisslock bag like the one she had. I still haven't found one just like it yet, but this one from Wholesale7 came pretty close.

For the entire oufit, I based my look on one of my favourite colour combos: teal and brown. For some reason, I think they look so good together :) As you can see, I also mixed different mediums in this ensemble: a polyester shirt, a cotton & satin vest, a silk chiffon scarf, leather boots, a pvc belt & bag... Usually PVC isn't my material of choice, but today, this kisslock bag is my favourite.




This kisslock bag comes with detachables straps in 2 different lengths- one for cross body and one for satchel. What's great is you can remove all the straps so that this bag doubles as a cute clutch! Also, it may look a bit flat and small, but this bag actually halds quite a bit of stuff. Everything I shove into my Balenciaga City I can easily fit into here. Inception!?

Besides the utilitarian point of view, I also like the design on the kisslock clasp. It has a wonderfully viney & flowery design that looks very intricate. The edges have pleats that can be expanded and puffy looking, which gives the bag less of a structured shape, which I like.



After 5 years of searching, I'm momentarily satisfied with this find.
Why are the things you want always so out of reach sometimes?
Can you guys relate to my story?

Leave me a comment below! :)

PS. I reached 100 followers! Stay tuned for my giveaway in the next couple days!

29 comments:

  1. Cute story, made me laugh - that does always seem to be the way it goes, find something you love & it isn't available! What the heck eh?
    Super cute outfit!
    xx

    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you tied the scarf with your belt. Need to borrow that idea this weekend.
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I like this out fit, it's very different! & you are brave :( I have seen so many cute things on people but I've never actually went up to them & asked them where they got it from! but I have been asked by others about the stuff I've worn.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in love with that scarf, it's so versatile! And I know what you mean, when I compliment a girl on something she's wearing her response is usually that she got it in another country T_T so depressing! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your scarf is tucked into your belt like that!

    XX Kathryn

    http://lacoquettedelamode.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are like a model!

    love your blouse

    www.thesanktuary.blogspot.com<3 Una

    ReplyDelete
  7. Έλσα ΧαντζήJanuary 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM

    In love with your scarf! Nice blog! Would you like to follow each other?

    xx
    Out Of The Box

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty outfit
    If you like Chanel, do not miss Chanel SS2012. Visit my blogFrances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. great look! like this story!!
    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've given me an evil idea.  The next time someone asks where I got something, I'll be tempted to say it's from overseas (so I'll still be the only one with it).  LOL!  I won't, but it was a fun thought.

    I'm glad you mentioned that is teal.  I was going to say that shade of "blue" looks really nice on you.  My pre-school box of Crayolas only had 8 colors, so...  =)

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  11. your story made me giggle =) i love how there's that squiggly detailing right under your kiss lock. it makes it look so elegant.  who would have thought to put teal and brown together? it's such an unexpected but beautiful colour combination.  congrats on the 100 subs and the high post counts! you go girl =) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you love that bag, it's adorable!

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty look, makes you look really beautiful and tall! Poor you, finding your dream bag and then finding that you can't get it, but this one is really cute too!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty blouse i love the color!

    http://sticktofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really really love that waistcoat/vest!  It's sooo cute.  oooh how I wish I had access to the lovely Zara clothes :(

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfit! I especially love your scarf and bag! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore kisslock bags and clutches! Cute outfit!

    Thanks for the comment, yes I'm 17 hehehXXASABNew outfit post: Blue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the support Kerri <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the support Kerri <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOLOL. Oh boys and their colours. My boyfriend to this day won't admit that 'salmon' is a colour, hahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Versatility ftw! I've been guilty of wearing it way too much ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!