Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prairie Girl

I couple months ago I got this A-line high waisted skirt at Urban Outfitters. I'm not usually the type to wear long skirts, but for some reason I thought this one was workable. I was drawn in by the brass snap buttons on the waist, the snap buttons on the edges of the skirt hem and the pockets at the front. I was going to keep this strictly as a spring/summer skirt, but I had something else in mind when I woke up yesterday.

In the end, I think I look like I'm from the little house on the prairie that just skinned a fox to make a fur vest lol.

H&M fur vest (On sale!! similar); Seductions shirt; ByCORPUS High Waisted Long Skirt from Urban Outfitters (similar);
Seductions leggings; Vince Camuto 'Braden' boots in Whiskey (On sale!! here)

The only bad thing about this skirt is that it's the hardest thing to put on and take off! Yes, there are snap buttons and a zipper at the waist, but I really have to try and squeeze my bum smaller so that it can go up. Not a pretty image, I know, but hey- it's the true. Stupid proportionally large bum!

On another note, the belt I'm wearing is from H&M which I got on boxing day. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wear it with the 'dip' flipped up or down, at the back or the front, but I wore it downwards cuz I thought it looked cuter.

This is my clueless look pose


I didn't skin a fox I swear :(

You believe me don't you? :) :)

Close-up

Oh yes! I wanna ask A HUGE favour of my readers...

Has anyone see this Crepe wedge (red) at their local Zara store in a size eu39/us8?
Let me know! I'll be eternally grateful! <3


7 comments:

  1. The skirt looks nice with the fur vest.

    No, never seen the wedge. We don't have a Zara in Seattle. Is that sad or what?

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina Dinda RachmawatiJanuary 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM

    Loveeee your boots dear! :) You look pretty.. http://li-lo-la.blogspot.com ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poses! They put a big smile on my face everytime :)
    I'm usually not a long skirt person either (I never know how to style it without it making me look unproportionate), but this outfit looks so cute on you! I might be digging in my closet to find my old A-Line skirts and play around with them!
    I will keep my eyes open for those shoes if I head into Zara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Zara in Seattle!?? That's unbelievable! You'd think Seattle of all places would have such a large chain. Sadface :( Come up to Vancouver!! It's so close! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you Lori! You're so sweet!

    Yah, I thought the long skirt would make me look shorter too, but I think the key is to make sure you don't cut yourself into thirds. Always wear tights the same colour as your skirt or the same colour of your boots, this really helps with lengthening. And if you really want to make it an illusion, where the same colour for your entire lower body.
    And appreciate the Zara-checking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the length of your skirt!  It's long without being LONG.  So that means perfect!  I like the use of neutral basics in this outfit too, it always looks good!

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!