Sunday, January 15, 2012

NuBra Review

I received my NuBra last week and I finally got a chance to do a review this weekend! As a reference, my bra size is 30A. However, the NuBra is made for people with band sizes 32-36, and according to bra size conversions, to get an equivalent size in a different cup you must increase your band size and decrease your cup size. Thus, a 30A is equivalent to a 32AA so I purchased the NuBra 'Super Padded' in AA.

OK! Now that we're done with all that mumbo-jumbo, I'll keep this short and sweet for you guys :)

PS. Click to enlarge the photos.



Instructions:





Packaging Great!
Pretty simple packaging- just a small box which included the NuBra itself in a plastic cradle (doubling as an awesome travel case), cleaning instructions, and other product styles. Nothing too shnazzy- just the way I like it.

Construction:  Great!
The NuBra 'Super Padded' is made out of 30% Polyester, 30% Polyurethane Foam, and 40% Silicone Adhesive. Compared to my silicone bra, this one feels like nothing. It really is very light weight, and this colour (mocha) matches my skin tone almost perfectly. Inspecting it closely, I can see no flaws in the adhesive, and both cups are smooth and symmetrical. There is a clip in the middle to keep the cups together.

Stickiness: Good!
The adhesive on the NuBra is quite sticky. It's not as sticky as double-sided 3M industrial tape, but pretty sticky. For best results, you really have to attach them to your boobs in only one or two tries. Otherwise, your skin cells adhere to the adhesive and the bra looses stickiness. It takes about 5 peel-offs for it to lose optimal stickiness, and you have to wash it for it to be sticky again.

Wear:  Great!
You really have to practise to see which position looks best on your boobs. Took me about 5 tries to figure out where I should put it, but once you remember, the next time is easy. It stays really well even with a lot of movement. I've jumped, twirled, stretched, did jumping jacks, jiggled upside down, you name it. These bad boys stayed where they're supposed to. It also gives me a fuller look which is a pleasant result. The clip in the middle can definitely help in giving you more cleavage, but it would be better if you already have say, a B cup- for me, I didn't get much cleavage since my breast tissue is already lacking.

Comfort:  Great!
I can barely feel the cups on my skin. There is no tightness and no stretching when move around every which way. When I peel them off, it didn't hurt at all, and there was no adhesive residue stuck onto my skin.

Price: Okay~
I've seen the NuBra retail over $90 here in Canada, so at msrp they do not come cheap. However, there are various places online where you can get it for less than half that price! For example, Drugstore.com is selling the featerlite version for only $30! in cupsizes A/B/C/D. Nubra.net (not sure if it's official store) is selling the Super Padded (same as featherlite but more padded, the one that I got) for $39.99 in AA/A/B but I got mine off eBay for $31.95 from this seller (bengc) who has great feedback and reviews. So all in all, if you do your research, this bra is quite affordable.



Before Photos, wearing a normal padded La Senza bra:




After Photos, wearing the NuBra 'Super Padded' in AA:




Overall I really like it! I would definitely recommend this NuBra 'Super Padded'. It sticks well, looks great and feels like nothing. On top of that, it it makes my boobs look bigger. Now who on the itty bitty titty committee doesn't want that? ;)

26 comments:

  1. I have NuBra too, and really liked it. My husband said that they look really natural.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that's amazing! Especially with a strapless! I've used one similar but it definitely didn't do the same padding job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I wasn't expecting much, but that looks great! The difference is subtle but still makes an impact so definitely a plus.

    x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a miracel for lowback dresses!
    Must claim these bra's aswell...
    great review, thank you for that :D

    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh it's finally here! haha looks very useful! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great Vonnie! how do you think it would hold up on a larger chest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! now I really want one :) Where'd you get your shirt ? it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rites of Beauty BloggerJanuary 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM

    If this product survives jumping jacks, then it is probably safe to wear ;-)

    Great review! Do you know if it's sold locally?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Emily :) You've reminded me to include a price section in my review! Haha.

    It is sold locally at these places but I've seen they can be pretty pricey. La Senza also sells the NuBra rebranded with their name on it but they can be $60 - $90. The best place to buy them would be online. You can find the links in the price section :) 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jess! I got my shirt from the States from a store called Papaya. It's an in-house brand. The store seems to me like a higher quality Sirens. Got this shirt for $5 ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would think so! You probably wouldn't need as much padding, so the 'featherlite' version would be best on C's and D's. But in my mind, they would hold better on larger chests because there is more to 'grip' onto you know what I mean? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No problem, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes it is! I can see myself wearing it even without backless tops on lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't expecting much either but I'm glad I got it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Because this one is super padded hahahaha. I need it :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review! I've considered these before, but I haven't taken the plunge yet! I do love backless, though, so I might be tracking down one of these.

    peace&love,JillFavor the Brave

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow great review! I need some help though. If i am size 32A for regular bras, what nubra size should i order? Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should get your true cup size- so a NuBra in cupsize A would fit best :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!! it looks amazing! I've been waiting for you to review the Nubra you ordered haha x) I might have to get one myself. it looks like it works really well! 
    ps. saw your recent post. congrats on all your followers!! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  20. sounds great :D i used to think that it would pop out easily when you jump or something lol 


    Feel free to join my camwhore contest: 
    http://www.memorable-days.net/2012/01/join-my-camwhore-contest-win.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the great review, Vonnie. We are happy that you enjoy your NuBra as much as we do!
    Have fun, be pretty :D
    NuBra NZ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for posting this review! I was looking for Nubra reviews because I was thinking about getting one for my upcoming wedding, and this post was so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bra stickers are the perfect solution to give the breasts a strapless boost. Bra stickers lift breasts from the top and are suitable for backless dresses. Boob Tape, Bra stickers, Bra tapes.
    For strapless http://byebra.co.uk/product/boob-tape/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/product/bra-stickers/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/product/bra-tapes/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk Some /
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/
    , backless and plunge dresses
    <a href="

    ReplyDelete
  24. The adhesive breast lifts are made of a very thin and flexible self-adhesive foil, which is produced by 3M. It is shaped like a horseshoe, which makes it possible to position the nipples upwards by several centimeters The Boob Tape,Bra stickers, Bra tapes. The adhesive breast lifts can also be used to make corrections – for instance, if a woman has The Boob Tape,Bra stickers, Bra tapes two different breast shapes, or sizes, or nipple heights.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I bought one for grad, I wanted to try it on at home and afterwards I washed it, I put it back into to plastic container before the outside material had dried (just like the attendant at lasenza told me to do) I took it out this morning and it's barely sticky?! Help

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi! May i know how old you are when you bought this nubra last 2012? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!