Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Outfit with a Red Wool Skirt

You saw a preview of my Christmas Day outfit when I was opening presents in my last post. I based it around this lovely red wool pleat skirt that I dug out of my closet from 7 years ago. It was all wrinkly, and the pleats were out of whack!! but all it needed was a good ironing! I think I'm a super n00b at ironing because I had so much trouble with the pleats. My mum watched me struggle for a good 30 minutes before telling me to shove over and let her do it. Thank goodness for mums!

Urban Behaviour cardigan; H&M sleeveless blouse; Smart Set wool pleated skirt;
Anna Sui tights; Tory Burch Aaden Mid-Heel pumps (similar; higher version)

This outfit always reminds me of Mrs. Claus~


Love the drapey-ness of the collar
The belt was added to cinch up the waistline so that I didn't look too boxy. Since the main focus piece is the red skirt, I wanted to keep the bottom relatively low-key. A simple pair of black tights and some black pumps will do the trick.

I think this type of pleating is called an inverted pleat or a box pleat

It creates a nice bell shape to the skirt


I also wore some Christmas tree earrings that day to get into the holiday spirit :) They are just shiny enough to be noticeable but not too shiny that they blinded, haha. I also dug these up from my earrings drawer which I haven't touched in years. If I remember correctly these were from Claire's about 6 years ago. From the sounds of this post it looks like I'm really good at hoarding things and never throwing anything away! :P


Close-up of the earrings. So cute right? :D

17 comments:

  1. I love your skirt and your blog. Following now dear. I hope you can visit and follow mine too.
    Kisses from Perú
    Inés
    http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh that's the blouse extra petite had =) i love the tory burch pumps. such a great find that day <3

    oh also. get a steamer. i got one for $30usd at walmart near the outlets and it works wonders. no more ironing for tricky clothing items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ines: Thanks for visiting! I will follow :)

    @Kerri: I have a steamer but they don't work on structured pleats :( Ironing presses them into place but steaming just loosens them. I can't get them to work on pleats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful dear this post,like it!
    Follow you like pleasure!
    Pass to me,i have a New post on my page!
    I'll be waiting your opinion.. and you follow me too??
    i hope yes!
    Now i'm your new follower.

    Have a good day
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute look! Love the pop of color in the skirt.

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Here on http://www.patriciaiacob.com/2011/12/giveaway/ I have a present for you a Hermes Bracelet Collier de Chien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your outfit especially those cute earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute and festive outfit! I love the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for the kind comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous skirt. Looks amazing on you. And those earrings are so cute.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. soo cute! I love your style! new follower :) 
    happy new year! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I'll follow you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww thanks. you don't have to follow me unless you like my blog! haha. thank you though :) 

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a super cute skirt! red is timeless. 

    glad to have come across your blog. 

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. LinkedIn
    ------------



    I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

    - Yvonne

    Yvonne Wong
    null Professional
    Vancouver, Canada Area

    Confirm that you know Yvonne Wong: https://www.linkedin.com/e/-9g60w9-gzyrg34q-w/isd/6341963800/jH8diXmB/?hs=false&tok=3A_7UCRGRcNB81
    --
    You are receiving Invitation to Connect emails. Click to unsubscribe: http://www.linkedin.com/e/-9g60w9-gzyrg34q-w/kSIyZo0wLhG6lHv3dS1fMooU7t5A9sEbzGwyTruc33-/goo/notify-9FEUJNQODZ%40disqus%2Enet/20061/I2202356596_1/?hs=false&tok=2OE4PDhYhcNB81
    (c) 2012 LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LinkedIn
    ------------


    This is a reminder that on March 19, Yvonne Wong sent you an invitation to become part of their professional network at LinkedIn.
    Accept Yvonne Wong's Invitation

    ----------

    ReplyDelete
  17. LinkedIn
    ------------


    This is a reminder that on March 19, Yvonne Wong sent you an invitation to become part of their professional network at LinkedIn.
    Accept Yvonne Wong's Invitation

    ----------

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!