Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Outfit with a Red Wool Skirt

You saw a preview of my Christmas Day outfit when I was opening presents in my last post. I based it around this lovely red wool pleat skirt that I dug out of my closet from 7 years ago. It was all wrinkly, and the pleats were out of whack!! but all it needed was a good ironing! I think I'm a super n00b at ironing because I had so much trouble with the pleats. My mum watched me struggle for a good 30 minutes before telling me to shove over and let her do it. Thank goodness for mums!

Urban Behaviour cardigan; H&M sleeveless blouse; Smart Set wool pleated skirt;
Anna Sui tights; Tory Burch Aaden Mid-Heel pumps (similar; higher version)

This outfit always reminds me of Mrs. Claus~


Love the drapey-ness of the collar
The belt was added to cinch up the waistline so that I didn't look too boxy. Since the main focus piece is the red skirt, I wanted to keep the bottom relatively low-key. A simple pair of black tights and some black pumps will do the trick.

I think this type of pleating is called an inverted pleat or a box pleat

It creates a nice bell shape to the skirt


I also wore some Christmas tree earrings that day to get into the holiday spirit :) They are just shiny enough to be noticeable but not too shiny that they blinded, haha. I also dug these up from my earrings drawer which I haven't touched in years. If I remember correctly these were from Claire's about 6 years ago. From the sounds of this post it looks like I'm really good at hoarding things and never throwing anything away! :P


Close-up of the earrings. So cute right? :D

17 comments:

  1. I love your skirt and your blog. Following now dear. I hope you can visit and follow mine too.
    Kisses from Perú
    Inés
    http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh that's the blouse extra petite had =) i love the tory burch pumps. such a great find that day <3

    oh also. get a steamer. i got one for $30usd at walmart near the outlets and it works wonders. no more ironing for tricky clothing items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ines: Thanks for visiting! I will follow :)

    @Kerri: I have a steamer but they don't work on structured pleats :( Ironing presses them into place but steaming just loosens them. I can't get them to work on pleats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful dear this post,like it!
    Follow you like pleasure!
    Pass to me,i have a New post on my page!
    I'll be waiting your opinion.. and you follow me too??
    i hope yes!
    Now i'm your new follower.

    Have a good day
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute look! Love the pop of color in the skirt.

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your outfit especially those cute earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and festive outfit! I love the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for the kind comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. soo cute! I love your style! new follower :) 
    happy new year! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I'll follow you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww thanks. you don't have to follow me unless you like my blog! haha. thank you though :) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a super cute skirt! red is timeless. 

    glad to have come across your blog. 

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. LinkedIn
    ------------



    I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

    - Yvonne

    Yvonne Wong
    null Professional
    Vancouver, Canada Area

    Confirm that you know Yvonne Wong: https://www.linkedin.com/e/-9g60w9-gzyrg34q-w/isd/6341963800/jH8diXmB/?hs=false&tok=3A_7UCRGRcNB81
    --
    You are receiving Invitation to Connect emails. Click to unsubscribe: http://www.linkedin.com/e/-9g60w9-gzyrg34q-w/kSIyZo0wLhG6lHv3dS1fMooU7t5A9sEbzGwyTruc33-/goo/notify-9FEUJNQODZ%40disqus%2Enet/20061/I2202356596_1/?hs=false&tok=2OE4PDhYhcNB81
    (c) 2012 LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LinkedIn
    ------------


    This is a reminder that on March 19, Yvonne Wong sent you an invitation to become part of their professional network at LinkedIn.
    Accept Yvonne Wong's Invitation

    ----------

    ReplyDelete
  15. LinkedIn
    ------------


    This is a reminder that on March 19, Yvonne Wong sent you an invitation to become part of their professional network at LinkedIn.
    Accept Yvonne Wong's Invitation

    ----------

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. Outfit Report

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!